New and Noteworthy/0.1.8
From PartKeepr Wiki
Changes from 0.1.7 to 0.1.8
- 1 GUI changes
- 2 Technical changes
Part Filter Additions
- The Part Filter Panel now lets you filter by distributor and manufacturer
- You can now remove the filter criteria for storage location, distributor and manufacturer directly now; previously, you had to click "Reset" to remove an active storage location filter
- You can filter by the part create date
- You can filter for all parts where no stock removals have taken place; this is useful to find parts you have never used and which you might remove from your inventory
- The part filter columns now wrap to aid with smaller display sizes
Advanced Part Picker for Projects
- A new part picker has been implemented, which has basically the same features as the regular grid, including the part filter panel.
- The "Create from Template" button is now called "Duplicate" and supports duplicating of all part properties, including parameters, manufacturers, distributors and attachments.
- The upload dialog now explains where the upload limit comes from and how to configure PHP to allow bigger uploads
Automatic calculation of the package price
- Previously, you had to calculate the price per item manually if you had a package with, say, 100 items and only know the package price. PartKeepr now does that automatically; you can either fill in the price per item or the package price, and PartKeepr will calculate the other value for you.
Part Manager: Compact Layout
- In addition to the default layout, we also support a compact layout of the Part Manager which is helpful for small screens, like laptops.
Part Grid Performance Improvements
- Several queries have been optimized, so that the grid should load now much faster on slower systems
More cache options
- PartKeepr supports now xcache and memcache and you can now configure them. By default, APC is used (if available).
Individual JS Files for the frontend
- The frontend now supports individual JS files, instead of a large JS file. This is useful for debugging and can be enabled with the following configuration:
js minifer change
- Previously, we've used the bundled jsb3 builder from Sencha. However, that tool was using jsdb, a non-crossplatform binary chunk, which is now replaced with a generic minifier implementation, which uses either jsmin or optionally yui-compressor.